God’s Plan: Peace and Life
God loves you. He wants you to experience life – abundant and eternal life!
· God’s Love – “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” - John 3:16
· God’s Peace – “We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ” - Romans 5:1
· God’s Plan – “The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly” - John 10:10
But why don’t most people have this abundant life and peace that God has planned for us?
The Problem: Separation
God created us in His own image: He did not make us like robots to automatically love and obey Him, but gave us a will and a freedom of choice. And our choice to disobey God and go our own wilful way resulted in separation from God.
· Our Sinfulness – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” - Romans 3:23
· Our Separation – “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord” - Romans 6:23
· Our Attempt to Reconnect with God – Good deeds, religion, philosophy, morality, are some of the ways by which people have tried to bridge the gap between themselves and God, but without success. Why...?
“There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death” – Proverbs 14:12
The Bible shows us the one way to bridge this gap...
God’s Bridge: The Cross
Jesus Christ is God’s answer to man’s problem. He paid the price for our sin and bridged the gap between God and people. Through Him you can now experience God’s love and plan for your life.
· He Died in Our Place – Romans 5:8
· He Rose From the Dead – 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
· He is the Only Way to God – 1 Timothy 2:5; John 14:6
Our Response: Receive Christ
We must immediately trust Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, and receive Him by a personal invitation.
· Receive Christ – John 1:12
· Receive Christ By Faith – Romans 10:9
· Receive Christ By Personal Invitation – Revelation 3:20
Here’s how you can receive Christ:
Is this how you feel? Will you receive Jesus Christ this moment?
The following is a suggested prayer:
Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and need your forgiveness.
I believe that You died for my sins and rose again from the dead.
Now I turn from my sins and receive you as my Saviour from sin.
I want to trust You as Saviour and follow You as Lord. Come into my life, Lord Jesus.
Fill me with your life and make me the kind of person You want me to be.
|Interacting With the Word|